General tips and guidelines to good design
The following are some general web design tips that every web site user should follow. Keep these tips in mind while creating your web site concept and we guarantee that visitors will have a great first impression of your site.
- Always select a clean and neat desktop with easy navigation structure.
- Make the visitor feel comfortable and not irritated while trying to understand your website structure.
- Don’t overload your website with seamless images and pictures.
- Avoid using similar pictures used on other websites, even if they are free. Together we can select beautiful and appropriate images from our catalogue, to choose from our long list of free image providers, or to find one for a nominal fee.
- Transmit positive influence and a pleasant, magnetic appearance from your website.
- Look fresh. Make changes to your website design from time to time.
- Use the same type fonts, avoid underlines and keep a uniform style.
- Send short messages. Avoid long sentences.
- Don’t overload your website with long explanations. People rarely read them.
Remember: You have only a short time to keep your visitor. First impressions are everything.
Guidelines to good logo designA good logo is:
- Created by pencil on paper
- Visually balanced
- Easy to describe
- Two fonts maximum
- Minimum colors
- No clip art
- No special effects
- Simple and unique
- Recognizable when inverted
- Recognizable when resized
- Good looking on paper
- Good looking in black and white
- Always aligned
- When the word is stronger – the word is the logo
- Never ask opinion of your family members
- Never listen to amateur suggestions
Check for broken links: Always check for broken links within a site before uploading it to your server.
Fast loading web site designs: This is also one of the most important rules every web designer should follow. You might design a web site that looks gorgeous, but few people are going to see it if it takes an extensive time to load. Your design should be optimized for the web and load the visiting page within seconds.
Readable and professional looking fonts: Always try to keep to common and professional web fonts.
The fonts we always suggest are: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Tahoma, Sanserif. Avoid comical fonts. If you want to use those type fonts in your design concept use them as an image or as part of a logo. Do not mix fonts.
Use of white space: Try not to clutter up your page with too many images, backgrounds or colorful fonts. Again use the Keep It Simple principle by minimizing the use of graphics and instead be liberal with the use of “white space”. White space gives a sense of spaciousness and overall neatness to a site.
Maintenance (click to visit Maintenance)
• Keep your website up to date and make maintenance a stress-free experience with one of our Maintenance Plans.